- Upcoming relevant events: https://europa.eu/regions-and-cities/programme/sessions/1498_en
- Follow the European Network for Rural Development (ENRD): https://enrd.ec.europa.eu/
- ENRD & Smart Villages: https://enrd.ec.europa.eu/enrd-thematic-work/smart-and-competitive-rural-areas/smart-villages_en
- Smart Villages Network: https://www.smart-village-network.eu/
Get Out of Town – Fill the Rural Energy Gap #2 Webinar
The FREE Initiative (Future of Rural Energy in Europe) and the RUMRA & Smart Villages Intergroup are delighted to invite you to the second webinar of the series Get out of Town – Fill the Rural Energy Gap. These briefing sessions are aimed at MEPs, MEP assistants and members of the Intergroup. They will focus on highlighting key rural energy challenges & potential solutions.
Over 40 million European households in rural areas are not connected to the gas grid. These communities matter and need to be understood. To deliver a just energy transition, policy should reflect conditions in rural areas. However, data is often difficult to find. In the context of the European Commission’s Long-Term Vision for Rural Areas and the Fit for 55 package, the Rural Barometer survey aims to give a voice to rural citizens and businesses, analysing their expectations on EU policies affecting them
Participate – Answer our sli.do poll
Rural Barometer – Unveiling Citizens’ Needs
Wednesday 13 October – 15:00 (WebEx)
- Introductory remarks by MEP Franc Bogovic, Co-Chair of the RUMRA & Smart Villages Intergroup.
- Presentation of the Rural Barometer results by the FREE Initiative and Savanta ComRes
- Freddie Alloh, Savanta ComRes
- Sara Bianchi, SSPA (Southern Sparsely Populated Areas)
- Concluding remarks – Silvia Estivill, FREE (Future of Rural Energy in Europe) Initiative.