Thursday 1 June 2017
08:00-09:30, European Parliament, Members’ Salon, Brussels
If Europe is to unlock the potential of all its territories while achieving its ambitious targets, a more complete and comprehensive strategy is needed. Join the RUMRA Intergroup as we discuss what lessons rural and urban areas can learn from the past, and how can future policies strengthen, rather than weaken, the economic, social and territorial cohesion of Europe. This breakfast briefing will discuss concrete policy options which are both on rural and urban agenda such as transport, connectivity, rural-urban relations, energy and climate change and others. Join us and lean what urban and rural challenges have in common and how to move forward to solve them in a coherent manner.
- MERCEDES BRESSO, MEP, Chair of the RUMRA Intergroup
- JAN OLBRYCHT, MEP, President of URBAN Intergroup
- Mathieu Fichter, Member of Cabinet, Regional Policy Commissioner Creţu
- Paolo La Scola, Novamont, producer of bioplastics and biochemicals
- JOZO RADOS, MEP, VP of RUMRA intergroup
- FRANC BOGOVIC, MEP, VP of RUMRA intergroup
- HERBERT DORFMANN, VP of RUMRA intergroup
- MOMCHIL NEKOV, VP of RUMRA intergroup
In the case that guests require access to the parliament, we kindly ask that they provide their full name, nationality, date of birth and ID number by Friday 19 May.
Please confirm your participation here before 24 May 2017.
Tel: +32 2 234 68 94