- Upcoming relevant events: https://europa.eu/regions-and-cities/programme/sessions/1498_en
- Follow the European Network for Rural Development (ENRD): https://enrd.ec.europa.eu/
- ENRD & Smart Villages: https://enrd.ec.europa.eu/enrd-thematic-work/smart-and-competitive-rural-areas/smart-villages_en
- Smart Villages Network: https://www.smart-village-network.eu/
- This event has passed.
2nd Regional Workshop of the Smart Rural 21 Project – Enabling Future Smart Villages
4th November 2021 - 5th November 2021
Regional Workshop of the Smart Rural 21 Project: Enabling Future Smart Villages
The workshop is organised in the framework of the EU-funded 1st Preparatory Action on Smart Rural areas in the 21st Century (shortly called Smart Rural 21) project in cooperation with Stanz im Mürztal (selected Smart Rural 21 village), with the purpose of:
- Presenting the outcomes of the Smart Rural 21 project to date including lessons learnt from working with 21 selected rural communities;
- Exchanging about the state-of-play of Smart Villages and how to create a supportive Smart Villages policy framework with particular focus on post-2020 CAP, Cohesion Policy and other relevant policies;
- Presenting inspiring smart village cases;
- Learning more about how Smart Villages can contribute to reduction of CO2 emissions including renewable energy and local energy communities.
The 2nd Smart Rural 21 Regional Workshop is planned to be face-to-face while live-streaming will be provided for those who cannot travel to the venue. It is important for us to know as soon as possible who is willing to travel in November to Stanz, so that we can reserve sufficient number of rooms and arrange other logistics.
To help you plan your trip, please find attached a detailed practical information document. Please complete the registration form by no later than 15 October whether you are planning to attend the online sessions or participate face-to-face.