During the first working meeting of the intergroup in January 2015, several Members of the European Parliament have been elected as Vice-Chairs. In addition, the newly selected Board has decided to create six sub-groups as part of the Intergroup:
- Resource and financing for rural integrated development.
This sub-group will be chaired by Eric Andrieu, MEP and managed by R.E.D.
- RURBAN – urban and rural interrelations.
This sub-group on urban and rural interrelations is chaired by a Slovenian Franc Bogovič, MEP and managed by R.E.D.
- Climate Change & Energy.
This sub-group will be chaired by Ms Mercedes Bresso, MEP and managed by the FREE initiative.
- Living nowadays in rural areas (Community, Rural Tourism).
This sub-group will be Chaired by Jozo Rados, MEP, and managed by Euromontana.
- Territorial quality products.
This sub-group will be chaired by Herbert Dorfmann and managed by Euromontana
- Ultra peripheral and remote regions.
Both Chairman and responsible organization are still to be determined